building mscore from svn

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

building mscore from svn

Schoap D
Hi,

Is it possible to build a *.deb from mscore svn version? How?

And how do I install the svn version?

Thanks in advance!

Dirk

edit:
I've started to download the svn version from sourceforge... but it
looks likes it is mscore-0.7 and I thought 0.9 was out....!?
http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=109430

rom the terminal....:

 mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/tuplets.msc
A    mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/testDirections1.xml
A    mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/different_keysigs_1.xml
A    mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/different_keysigs_2.xml
A    mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/slur2.msc
A    mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/testNotesRests

I get also a error when building:

CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build/doc/de/cmake_install.cmake:35:
FILE INSTALL cannot find file "/home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build/doc/de/man-de.pdf" to install.
Current CMake stack:
[3]     /home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build/doc/de/cmake_install.cmake
[2]     /home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build/doc/cmake_install.cmake
[1]     /home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build/cmake_install.cmake
make[2]: *** [install] Fout 255
make[2]: Map '/home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build' wordt verlaten
make[1]: *** [install] Fout 2
make[1]: Map '/home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7' wordt verlaten
make: *** [install] Fout 2
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

(fout = error or fault)
(wordt verlaten = will be left)



-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by the 2008 JavaOne(SM) Conference
Register now and save $200. Hurry, offer ends at 11:59 p.m.,
Monday, April 7! Use priority code J8TLD2.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;198757673;13503038;p?http://java.sun.com/javaone
_______________________________________________
Mscore-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mscore-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: building mscore from svn

wschweer
Administrator
Hi Dirk,

the current mscore is in directory mscore/trunk.
Mscore/branches/mscore-0.7 is an old branch.

To checkout only the current trunk type
      svn co https://mscore.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mscore/trunk mscore

Regards,
Werner



On Sonntag 06 April 2008, schoappied wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to build a *.deb from mscore svn version? How?
>
> And how do I install the svn version?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Dirk
>
> edit:
> I've started to download the svn version from sourceforge... but it
> looks likes it is mscore-0.7 and I thought 0.9 was out....!?
> http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=109430
>
> rom the terminal....:
>
>  mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/tuplets.msc
> A    mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/testDirections1.xml
> A    mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/different_keysigs_1.xml
> A    mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/different_keysigs_2.xml
> A    mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/slur2.msc
> A    mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/testNotesRests
>
> I get also a error when building:
>
> CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
> /home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build/doc/de/cmake_install.cmake:35:
> FILE INSTALL cannot find file "/home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build/doc/de/man-de.pdf" to install.
> Current CMake stack:
> [3]     /home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build/doc/de/cmake_install.cmake
> [2]     /home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build/doc/cmake_install.cmake
> [1]     /home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build/cmake_install.cmake
> make[2]: *** [install] Fout 255
> make[2]: Map '/home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build' wordt verlaten
> make[1]: *** [install] Fout 2
> make[1]: Map '/home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7' wordt verlaten
> make: *** [install] Fout 2
> dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
>
> (fout = error or fault)
> (wordt verlaten = will be left)
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by the 2008 JavaOne(SM) Conference
> Register now and save $200. Hurry, offer ends at 11:59 p.m.,
> Monday, April 7! Use priority code J8TLD2.
> http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;198757673;13503038;p?http://java.sun.com/javaone
> _______________________________________________
> Mscore-developer mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mscore-developer
>




-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by the 2008 JavaOne(SM) Conference
Register now and save $200. Hurry, offer ends at 11:59 p.m.,
Monday, April 7! Use priority code J8TLD2.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;198757673;13503038;p?http://java.sun.com/javaone
_______________________________________________
Mscore-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mscore-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: building mscore from svn

Toby Smithe-2
In reply to this post by Schoap D
On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 2:14 PM, schoappied <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Is it possible to build a *.deb from mscore svn version? How?

I don't recommend you do this: I have supported packages for the
latest stable release (0.9.1d) available in Hardy and Gutsy Backports.
Using unchecked packages is an easy way to break your system; it's
safer to install using "make install" into /usr/local for testing. I
suppose, for personal use, you could use checkinstall to keep track of
the files, but I still don't like that.

If you want to take a look at my package sources, you can just apt-get
them from the relevant repository. (ie, on Gutsy: enable
gutsy-backports, update the cache and run 'apt-get source mscore').
These could probably be adapted for your own use, and include all my
patches (for documentation, distributability, and user friendliness -
installing the desktop file, using the Fluid GM soundfont, etc).

>  And how do I install the svn version?

"make install" does it for me, but I think Werner made a good point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by the 2008 JavaOne(SM) Conference
Register now and save $200. Hurry, offer ends at 11:59 p.m.,
Monday, April 7! Use priority code J8TLD2.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;198757673;13503038;p?http://java.sun.com/javaone
_______________________________________________
Mscore-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mscore-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: building mscore from svn

Schoap D
In reply to this post by wschweer
Werner Schweer wrote:

> Hi Dirk,
>
> the current mscore is in directory mscore/trunk.
> Mscore/branches/mscore-0.7 is an old branch.
>
> To checkout only the current trunk type
>       svn co https://mscore.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mscore/trunk mscore
>
> Regards,
> Werner
>
>
>
> On Sonntag 06 April 2008, schoappied wrote:
>  
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to build a *.deb from mscore svn version? How?
>>
>> And how do I install the svn version?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Dirk
>>
>> edit:
>> I've started to download the svn version from sourceforge... but it
>> looks likes it is mscore-0.7 and I thought 0.9 was out....!?
>> http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=109430
>>
>> rom the terminal....:
>>
>>  mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/tuplets.msc
>> A    mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/testDirections1.xml
>> A    mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/different_keysigs_1.xml
>> A    mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/different_keysigs_2.xml
>> A    mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/slur2.msc
>> A    mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/mscore/test/testNotesRests
>>
>> I get also a error when building:
>>
>> CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
>> /home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build/doc/de/cmake_install.cmake:35:
>> FILE INSTALL cannot find file "/home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build/doc/de/man-de.pdf" to install.
>> Current CMake stack:
>> [3]     /home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build/doc/de/cmake_install.cmake
>> [2]     /home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build/doc/cmake_install.cmake
>> [1]     /home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build/cmake_install.cmake
>> make[2]: *** [install] Fout 255
>> make[2]: Map '/home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7/build' wordt verlaten
>> make[1]: *** [install] Fout 2
>> make[1]: Map '/home/dirk/mscore/branches/mscore-0.7' wordt verlaten
>> make: *** [install] Fout 2
>> dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
>>
>> (fout = error or fault)
>> (wordt verlaten = will be left)
>>
>>
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> This SF.net email is sponsored by the 2008 JavaOne(SM) Conference
>> Register now and save $200. Hurry, offer ends at 11:59 p.m.,
>> Monday, April 7! Use priority code J8TLD2.
>> http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;198757673;13503038;p?http://java.sun.com/javaone
>> _______________________________________________
>> Mscore-developer mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mscore-developer
>>
>>    
>
>  
Thanks, I installed it succesfully and with exploring the program in the
next week. I'm wondering if it is possible to insert the notes by the
keyboard only. In Finale 2007 I can insert notes very quickly using the
numbers on the right hand of the keyboard and the arrows unther
delete/end/pagedown....

Good luck with the project!

Maybe it is a good idea to use the lau and laa mailinglist to let people
know if there are new versions and to give some publicity around the
program on the lists.....

Dirk


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by the 2008 JavaOne(SM) Conference
Register now and save $200. Hurry, offer ends at 11:59 p.m.,
Monday, April 7! Use priority code J8TLD2.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;198757673;13503038;p?http://java.sun.com/javaone
_______________________________________________
Mscore-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mscore-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: building mscore from svn

wschweer
Administrator
On Sonntag 06 April 2008, schoappied wrote:
...

> Thanks, I installed it succesfully and with exploring the program in the
> next week. I'm wondering if it is possible to insert the notes by the
> keyboard only. In Finale 2007 I can insert notes very quickly using the
> numbers on the right hand of the keyboard and the arrows unther
> delete/end/pagedown....
>
> Good luck with the project!
>
> Maybe it is a good idea to use the lau and laa mailinglist to let people
> know if there are new versions and to give some publicity around the
> program on the lists.....
>
> Dirk

Mscores primary input method is using the computer keyboard. Notes
are entered with keys cdefgab. Occasionally you have to adjust the
octave with shift+up/down (this is not needed if you use a midi
keyboard for note entry). Up/down adjusts the pitch and adds accidentals
if needed. For most functions there are configurable shortcuts.
The symbol palettes work with drag&drop so you need at some point
the mouse.

I hope to get out a new realease in the not so far future and then
will announce it on lau and lad.

Have fun!
Werner



-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by the 2008 JavaOne(SM) Conference
Register now and save $200. Hurry, offer ends at 11:59 p.m.,
Monday, April 7! Use priority code J8TLD2.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;198757673;13503038;p?http://java.sun.com/javaone
_______________________________________________
Mscore-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mscore-developer